The Gadagne Residence

Two mansions, built at the beginning of the 16th century, were acquired in 1545 by the Gadagne brothers, rich Florentine bankers. The houses were joined together around a large courtyard in 1921 to become the Musée d'Histoire de Lyon (Lyon Historical Museum).

In 1950 the Musée de la Marionnette (Marionette Museum) was added. Extensive renovation work is currently under way in both museums which contain priceless collections of archeology, furniture, panelling, faïence, engravings, documents and puppets from around the world not forgetting, of course, the famous Guignol.

(c)Ville de Lyon - MÉMOIRE DE LYON